Monday, July 6, 2009

Photo Shoot


In the category of "Things I Never Thought I Would See in My Soviet Apartment Building's Courtyard," I have to add a one-hour photo shoot of two young ladies and one of the lady's little foo-foo dog. I had seen one of the girls before in the stairwell, and it was she I first recognized as I walked through the gate and into the courtyard. A professional-looking photographer was asking her to pose against the grimy courtyard wall as if this was Fifth Avenue. I smiled and waved to what's-her-face as she tilted back her head and put her hand on her hip. What else was I supposed to do? As I passed the girls, I noticed they had set up a little station of props, including various shawls, a hat, and some sort of feathery boa. Running around the entire scene was some sort of chihuahua mix. After getting back to my apartment I watched the whole scene for a while longer, as the girls took turn being photographed in front of white, dirty bricks.

No comments: